SF Citadel Code of Conduct
SF Citadel Code of Conduct
We believe our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all. This Code of Conduct outlines the expectations for anyone attending a Citadel event, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. We invite everyone to help us maintain a safe, positive, and welcoming experience for everyone.
Scope & Applicability
The Code of Conduct, and all guidelines within it, applies to all attendees, speakers, volunteers, organizers, venue staff, sponsors, and other guests (collectively referred to as “Participants”) of Citadel activities, social gatherings, and classes.
By participating in Citadel activities, events, and/or classes, Participants accept the terms of the Code of Conduct, and agree to abide by them.
Acceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
• Being considerate, respectful, and collaborative;
• Being awesome to one another;
• Refraining from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior, and speech;
• Being mindful of one’s surroundings and of one’s fellow participants;
• Respecting the property of Citadel, and that of other persons; and
• Obeying all officially-posted signs, placards, and Citadel staff instructions.
Unacceptable behavior and materials include, but are not limited to:
• Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning statements or conduct;
• Any offensive comments or behavior (verbal, written, or otherwise) related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability;
• Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images or use without the express consent of all parties depicted;
• Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following;
• Destruction, theft, dismantlement, defacement, abuse, or intentional misuse of Citadel or Citadel property, equipment, signage or supplies;
• Photography or recording without the consent of each person photographed or recorded;
• Sustained disruption of talks or Classes (whether verbal or otherwise);
• Unwanted or inappropriate physical contact;
• Unwelcome attention, sexual or otherwise;
• Being under the influence of any controlled substance or being intoxicated;
• Actual or threatened pushing, shoving, or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person;
• Possession of a weapon, or use of any item in a way that may cause danger to others; and
• Any boisterous, lewd, or offensive behavior or language, including but not limited to use of sexually explicit or offensive language, materials, or conduct; language, behavior, or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or derogatory reference to race, religion, or ethnicity.
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated by attendees, speakers, volunteers, organizers, or Citadel staff.
Any person who is subjected to unacceptable behavior, notices that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or has concerns about the safety or security of Citadel attendees or property is expected to notify the owner or manager of Citadel, as soon as possible.
If the owner or manager isn’t available, or you would prefer to report electronically, you can also email [email protected] Please note, however, that emails may not receive immediate handling.
All reports will remain confidential
Staff will be available to help Participants contact the owner or manager, to provide escorts, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behavior to feel safe for the duration of the conference.
Resolution of Issues
Any person asked to discontinue behavior that is in contravention of this policy must do so immediately.
If the owner or manager determines, in its sole discretion, that anyone has engaged in unacceptable behavior, the owner and/or manager will take appropriate actions, up to and including expulsion from the event. Any consequences may be made by the owner or manager with or without warning or refund.
All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behavior, and any consequences thereof, will be made at the owner’s and/or manager’s sole discretion. The decision(s) of the owner and/or manager are final